A speed date with Alice and Bob
Alice and Bob are the protagonists of so many cryptographic tutorials. And at least for me those tutorials where most of the time very cryptic.
But encryption and digital signatures are part of our everyday duties so wouldn't it be great to understand what we are doing there? At least to a certain extend?
So let me take you on to a journey with Alice and Bob and have a look at what Cryptography is about(no deep-dive into the mathematics behind. Promise!). And along the way we will learn about trust and how to use that in everyday life like with E-Mail or Git.
- Cryptography is more than encryption
- Why Cryptography is important in todays world where everyone can impersonate someone else
- How cryptography can easily be used by everyone
- We will setup git and an Email-Client to use Cryptography
- Everyone will create a Keypair, start a web of trust and distribute the key.